Sunday 10 November 2013

2nd week of vacation + one week :)



Hello I'm back!
 (absence of pictures)
Better later than never?

No I am sorry I haven't posted anything the last two weeks... I have ha a lot to do an it was simply not on the top of my list..:)





I would like to start with what I did the second week in the holidays!
Monday morning we (my family and I) worked in the garden from around 11AM to 5PM...:) It was a nice thing to do and I was glad that I could help them in the garden, although while working I was happy, but a little sad at the same time. I was of course thinking of my family back home, and the times we worked in our garden, or even the times we had "Dugnad" on URA (for those who doesn't know the place - my cottage) cutting trees and bringing them to the outdoor fireplace, GOOD MEMORIES!<3

Back to reality.
After working in the garden, we took our stuff an headed for Brest! We arrive late and there my "uncle" and "aunt" waited for us with warm food! It was a nice pasta meal and afterwards I went to the beach house where the other AFSers waited for me!! We had the beach house for two nights, IT WAS AWESOME! We were all by ourselves, but the neighbors watched out for us ;) the first night we danced, played cards and had a party! The next morning we ate breakfast and then we walked to the shopping center, which we thought was a 40 minute walk but it turned out to be a 1h10m walk!! Thank god we took the bus home which goes once or twice a day...Me gusta!
We slept outdoor...!
 

After doing shopping,
Shopping list: classified*
Price 37€ each, 7 people :)
We made tacos and boller, we had such a great time…
My planning on the trip is going forward, I asked for families in AFS that could host us and I already got 4 possible places! Belgium, Milano, Berlin and Riga!! And that only after a few days! I really hope this plan works out!

After the three days with the other AFSers we took the bus that goes twice a day in to Brest, where most of the people took the train home, but Payton, Phoebe and I went to the Aquarium! After the aquarium, I was picked up by my father and then we went to the family of my father, really nice family! They had already hosted many times before and I felt that right away. The following days (Thursday and Friday) we went hiking along the beach in the beautiful landscape around Brest! Friday was my favorite trip; we walked round an island wonderful trip! Watching the waves crashing into the rocks along the shore really reminded me of the stormy days on URA with the big waves and the cozy living room playing card and drinking tea from a tea cup with a turtle on it.
Oceanopolis :)
When we came home I had a lot of homework to do because I didn’t do anything in the vacation, so I ended up working 5-6 hours on Sunday… However the result turned out to be fairly good, I mean I wrote 7 pages in total IN FRENCH!! Throughout the week I had a lot of work to do so there was not so much that happened – the usual. Saturday we went watching THOR!

And today, I’m here writing, until next time…!

No comments:

Post a Comment