Monday 23 September 2013

La plage et l'ecole!



Hello again!

Time flies, I feel like I have been here for several months although I’ve only been here for 2 weeks. I am sorry I didn’t post yesterday but there simply wasn’t time yesterday evening.
The week started nice with a rather short day on Monday finishing at 4PM after school Christophe (my host dad) and I went to decathlon to buy handball shoes and I am happy with what I bought! With new handball shoes and part of a new team I was ready to go to training, however I managed to go to the wrong hall, typical… Soooo instead of handball training I watched 11 year old girls play basketball!! HAHAHA, but I have to say I am impressed by the level of those 11 year olds, they shoot hoops better than me!
New handball shoes!

The bus in the morning, it's like in the middle of the night and theres this alien like light in the roof.



French homework...haha, at least i try...!

I love french litterature!

Crepes Saturday night! mmmm



mmm Caramel au beurre sale! Delicious!





  Further into the week (Wednesday) I had fractionated running in the GYM class which wasn’t fun at all, being used to a school somewhat less efficient than here GYM often was a class where you could chill at least a bit, but here… NO! We started with some info about le BAC and then we had 1H15min with running, very much fun! In the evening it was time for handball training and I didn’t know I trained handball with 10 year olds, apparently we do. I had only been on one senior training and there all where the same age or one year younger. Being used to play with guys my “size” and age it was weird to, well play with 10 year olds. I am actually being called “Monsieur Colle” (Mr. Glue) this is because I take so much (glue?) on my ball, and it’s hilarious because when the 10 year olds try to throw they throw it down into the floor 9 out of 10 times… HAHA!    

The rest of the week went fairly well having a long day on Friday with handball training afterwards, and a slack Saturday pour me reposer!

Sunday was a wonderful day, the weather was nice (cloud free sky) so we decided to go to the beach, so beach day it was!! Although we are closing in on the end of September the water was surprisingly comfy, I mean we were in the water for 35-40 minutes without problems… I would guess 17 degrees Celsius. It was literally wonderful! It’s incredible how big the difference is between low tide and high tide! We were there when it was low tide and I’d say it’s a difference of 7 meters at least, when we came to the port, before we drove along the coast it was literally boats lying on the seabed, just like that..

Toooo da beach!





Canal gates !



Boats just lying on the seabed..



More boats!
The beach!



The beach!


Today (Monday) in lunch time I met with Jakob a Norwegian guy from Tønsberg who travelled with Explorius, and it’s funny that we ended in the same City. He is staying say five minutes from the center of the city and he is living with a gay couple who has no kids, and the couple owns a bar where they drink and play board games! I have in fact been invited this weekend to come see this bar, and meet his host parents, cool!   

  I am steadily getting better and better contact with those in my class especially Etienne and Ahmed, but also all the others. It’s a bit funny though because I was told that French people where very closed and that we had to make an effort to make friends, bit to me it was not at all like that. I found contact easily and made friends already, in fact we are going to the movies Wednesday to watch The Millers, and I can’t wait! Sadly though it is dubbed, but I guess I will just have deal with that.

Etienne Lejeune
Thom, Charlotte and ? (dont remember :(..)

Ahmed Maach


No comments:

Post a Comment