Sunday 29 September 2013

Week of entertainment, the Movies and Karaoke!



In the beginning of the week I met Jakob another young Norwegian living his life here in Rennes this year. He travelled with Explorius, another organization who arranges exchange. He is a very nice guy who is very engaged into human rights and politics, but especially human rights. He is an active member of Amnesty International, and lives in Tønsberg, Norway. We had a great lunch Monday, I really enjoyed it. In the evening I skipped my handball training because I had to work with an German presentation, first ever – hahaha!

  The next day was the usual up 620AM and come home 630PM. So there isn’t much to tell other that it was a long and fatiguing day. It’s literally work, eat and sleep.

Wednesday on the other hand is the best day of the week! Start school 9AM and finish noon. First we have one hour of history with the best teacher, and then 2 hours GYM.  After school Ahmed, Amin, (?) and me went to the movies to see no pain no gain, IN FRENCH! It’s bizarre to watch dubbed movies, the mouth of the actor and the French voice just isn’t synchronized. But it’s genius, when they don’t have something to do (no tests the day after) they come to the movies, pay for one movie and when it’s finished they go into another hall. They keep on going on like that the whole evening seeing up to 4 movies for the price of one. So Wednesday we watched 2 movies, cool!
The Movies!

Thursday I had my first test.. (MATH) I love math! Well it went well in the beginning (1st part but then it got too complicated). Otherwise the Thursday was a nice day, after school o went to buy supplies for the school. The first two weeks I noted everything on lose papers and it’s a mess! Therefore I bought notebooks … Then when I came home I had received a care package from my family <3 Thank you!! With BIO KING and Norwegian chocolate and GRØT m BRUNOST!!! <3
And of cours MY HAT! <3 


Friday I had two tests physics and Nature science. In Nature science I tried to explain the mitose process (which is rather easy in Norwegian) with a poor vocabulary in the sense of the theme. Then it was physics.. I didn’t get it at all so I ended up enjoying the sun and watching the rest of the class work their butt off. After school I had planned to meet Jakob in the city of Rennes. I met him nearby his school and then we went to where he lives and talked a lot.. It felt good to speak Norwegian. After talking a bit we walked into the core of the city and ate dinner in a Creperie. I had salade au chevre chaud, and Jakob had gallette au jambon, fromage. Then we had a conversation whitch was so interesting about human rights and Amnesty International. I enjoyed it a lot! After a nice dinner and Bretagnes own coke Breizh Cola we went to the BAR of the host parents of Jakob. They own a bar where they play board games, and that night it was karaoke night and Jakob and I did “Optimist” and “What does the Fox say” hahaha!
 
The others are working, while...

...Enjoy the sun!

Jakob, from Tønsberg.

Salade au chevre chaud.

The best Coke!

Games!

Karaoke!!

Saturday was a chill day and in the evening I made Pizza! They really liked the Pizza and I am happy with the result.. ! Also I worked a lot with the presentation I have tomorrow.. As up to now I have 54 slides on PowerPoint, damn it as lot to say about Norway!

Sunday I had another lazy day finishing my presentation and in the afternoon we went for a walk in the woods nearby.. It was lovely! Although when we did this I missed my dog Luna and the nice walks in the woods with her and my family.

A + !!
Siljan

No comments:

Post a Comment